2 T Butter
1/4 red onion (minced or chopped)
2 cloves garlic
1/2 package (1 cup) Cremini mushrooms (chopped)
salt & pepper
about 1 T fresh chopped parsley (a bunch) or 2 t. of dried parsley
**optional: "splash" of white wine, Sherry, or Marsala
2 cups cooked/ cooled quinoa (in chicken broth/stock for extra flavor!)
3/4- 1 cup Plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (or ANY kind of white cheese grated or shredded!)
Salt & pepper
About 1-2 cups Panko Bread crumbs
1) In a sauté pan, melt the butter on medium. Add onion, garlic, and mushrooms, and sauté for a couple minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and add the parsley. Add the wine, (if using), and continue cooking for a couple more minutes until the mixture has soaked up the wine. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
2) In a medium sizes bowl, combine quinoa, cooled mushroom mixture, yogurt, and cheese, until mixture resembles picture above- and is nice and creamy.
3) In a frying pan, pour enough oil to coat the bottom of pan, (about 1/4in.deep), and heat on medium.
4) In a shallow bowl/pan, place about 1 cup Panko crumbs. Begin forming the cakes by hand, place in crumbs 1 or 2 at a time- coating both sides well.
5) Place cakes carefully in pan, and fry for about 3-4min. on both sides. Adjust heat if necessary.
6) When cakes are a nice golden brown on both sides, remove from pan, place on paper towel lined tray to catch excess oil, and transfer to serving plate/ platter.
7) Serve with your choice of sauce, and on any choice of salad greens, or side salad, vegetable, etc.!